For information on RoHS compliance visit RoHS Compliance for VMI standard products.
VMI's RoHS Compliance Policy
- VMI continues to work towards total compliance to the RoHS initiatives regarding the use restricted materials in our products.
- The information provided here has been determined to be accurate to the best of our ability.
- We believe we are in total compliance where stated.
- If you do not see the product you are interested in, please contact us.
- Check back often, more product information will be added.
Many diodes and assemblies are solder dipped, either by default, or customer request. Below is a brief outline regarding VMI's solder-dipping policy. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Axial-leaded devices - All leads in axial-leaded diodes are 99.99% silver.
This includes all diodes with part numbers starting with 1N, M, X, or Z. Sample part numbers include "1N6513", "M100UFG", "X50SG", and "ZR100SG". This does not apply to JAN/TX/V military QPL diodes.
- Default condition - No solder dip, unless requested.
- When requested, the default alloy is Sn96* unless otherwise specified.
- Devices shipped to Asian countries are automatically solder-dipped in Sn96. No request is needed.
- Exceptions to this include diodes ending in "L" or "LL". The default finish is a tin/lead solder dip. Sample part numbers include "X20FF5L", "1N6517LL", and "Z50FF5LL".
The information contained below applies to several VMI products that use lead-frames in the construction of the device. They include
Lead frame and termination base metals
- SMF and SXF products use 99.99% silver terminations with no finish.
- MD90 devices uses a lead-frame of OFC copper, tin plated per Mil-T-10727 Type I, 200-400uInches, matte finish. The parts are not annealed after plating.
- SRP devices uses a lead-frame - tin-lead plate per AMS-P-81728A, matte finish, 60%Sn, 40% Pb, and overplating of pure tin plate per Mil-T-10727, Type I, 200 - 400 uInch matte finish, copper or nickel strike prior to plating. The parts are not annealed or post baked within 24 hours after plating.
JAN/TX/V military grade diodes, QPL diodes, including JAN/TX/V, are solder-dipped per the governing Source Control Document.
Copper tabbed diodes - Copper tabbed surface mount diodes are solder-dipped with Sn62 by default. Pb-free solder is not recommended due to flow, coverage, and cosmetic issues.
Assemblies - All custom diodes and assemblies are solder-dipped per the customer specification
Custom Diodes and Assemblies - Assemblies such as standard rectifiers, single- and three-phase bridges are solder-dipped with Sn96.
*Sn96 is an RoHS compliant, Pb-free solder alloy comprised of 96.5% Tin, 3.5% Silver typically.